Saturday, July 20, 2019

PAPER AIRPLANES AND BIG BOY

     Paper airplanes. That's the main subject of today's offering.
     John Hinz, BHS-64, in an email, included an amazing video. It appears to take place in a high school gymnasium before a nice crowd and it appears to be a paper airplane competition.
It shows a paper airplane, accompanied by a musical background, performing all kinds of stunts as if it were a REAL outdoor event featuring REAL aircraft. Its amazing to watch.
     John wrote, "with our class reunion approaching, watching the attached video, somehow, reminded me of paper airplanes in school. While mine only specialized in nose dives, I think there were two in  our class who could have matched the one in the video........Jim Miles and Steve Mathis (an aerospace engineer and a pilot who has owned numerous planes and even his own hanger). So, Jim and Steve, how good were your airplanes?"
     Numerous members of John's class received the email titled, "From 20th century rubber bands and salsa wood to 21st century model planes w/reversing props defying gravity."
     If others have an interest, on Google, do this.......Pilotul iscusit1.mp4.
K-----K
     Lots of talk about Big Boy and its recent visit to Boone.
     Mike Loehrer, BHS-64, wrote, "I've been reading about the Big Boy. I would be willing to wager I'm one of the few people alive today who, when six years old, rode in the cab from Boone to Denison. Then, my dad, picked me up and to Omaha I rode in the caboose. Don't remember a lot about it, except that I do remember."
     The Kornerman had sent a video of Big Boy in action to Vern Modeland, BHS-50, and he replied, "thanks again Mo. Yes, I got the Denison site and its pictures. You also inspired to get my old journalism search days sniffing around. Guess what! Amazon.com even has Big Boy 1411 T-shirts available in UP livery. Delivered in time for your ride? Well, I don't know about that, but.......
K-----K
     BOONE CONNECTED DEATHS: Don Sturtz, 83, BHS-54.
K-----K
     Worldwide Korner headquarters are located at 928 South Jackson, Boone, Iowa 50036-4932. Phone number is 515-432-1530. To email your stories/memories/comments......
kelleyskorner1@gmail.com.
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment