Friday, September 29, 2023

ANOTHER WARNING

     Here's my second mention of a speech I have committed to give at the Boone County Historical Society, at 1 p.m. on Saturday, October 14. The title, "BOONE-My Kind of Town."

     I'm trying to stay healthy and I told my doctor the other day that she needed to keep me alive for a couple more weeks because of this commitment.

     I'm 88 and, since I''m way past my prime, my greatest fear is that very few people will show up on a busy October day.

     There will be some sports talk BUT that won't dominate. Hopefully, some of our stories will jar some memories of things from Boone's "past." And, I promise there will be stories of many Boone connected events, some eye openers, that most attendees will not be aware of. 

     It should be fun and I'm depending on you to "spread the word" about this event so I'll have somebody to talk to.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment