Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Help Me Out Here Techie

     The Kornerman is happy but partially skeptical.
     Since our audience has been asleep and non-productive since Saturday, I'm going to take advantage of the silence to get something off my chest.
     I've admitted several times that I lack computer "know-how." Maybe some viewer can provide some info on pageviews of my blog, which is part of a review of statistical information pertaining to the blog.
     There are four main segments I am interested in......pageviews today, pageviews yesterday, pageviews this month and pageviews all-time history. Now, I'm assuming that means how many viewers there are of the blog in each of those categories.
     I'm happy because I think recent figures show growth which, I guess, means we're doing something worthwhile.
     We started our blog slow and I can recall how exciting it was to, eventually, think we were near a mark of 400 or so for each edition.
     Now let me bring you up to date. One day recently showed 574 pageviews that day with 207 the previous day or a two day total of 781.
     Here's the skeptical part.......another day recently showed 906 with 319 the following day or a two-day total of 1225. Where did those much higher numbers come from?
     The pageviews for the latest month was 6232, which would figure out roughly to about 779 per edition which we would be happy to accept. The all-time history total now is 346,416.
     The Korner dates clear back to 1962 when I was in my first stint with the Boone News. The current online Korner has an anniversary coming........it began March 6, 2010.
     So, I guess I'm asking for some kind of verification or "shoot me down" and tell me I'm way off on what I'm assuming on all this. I'm especially curious about that two-day 1225 figure. Must have been an error of some kind.
K-----K
     Mark Campbell, who worked with the Kornerman at KWBG, reports that his mother, Doris Campbell, a former Boone resident, passed away in January.
     BOONE CONNECTED DEATHS: Mildred Clark, 96, Boone.........Eileen Siders, 93, Boone. Born in Moingona. Married Hobert (Al) Siders in 1945. A homemaker and was a cook at the Eastern Star Home until retiring in 1999. Two sons and two daughters survive. Boone area survivors include a son, Don, of Boone and a daughter, Diane Duncan, of Pilot Mound.........Betty Johnson, 88, Perry. Born in Boone. Her parents were Ernest and Ethel Kever. Married Clarence Johnson and after he passed away, enjoyed the company of Marlyn Kinsinger for 25 years. Was a head cook at ISU until retirement. No Boone area survivors.
K-----K
     Worldwide Korner headquarters are located at 928 South Jackson, Boone, Iowa 50036-4932. Phone number is 515-432-1530. To email your stories/memories/comments/SUPPORT.....
kelleyskorner1@gmail.com
     
    

No comments:

Post a Comment